DURATION AND PERIODS OF INTERNSHIP
● Students are required to do an internship for at least 60 working days (12 weeks) during their education.
● The internship period can be divided into several periods, including 40 working days.
● Students 4. They do an internship starting from the semester.
● Public holidays are not counted as internships. A week is considered to be 5 working days. Saturday Saturday is also considered a working day in workplaces where it is worked as a working day.
● Internships can be held during summer holidays and/or semester holidays if they fit 10 working days. For valid reasons, the internship outside the summer months and semester holidays depends on the decision of the Internship Commission.
INTERNSHIP LOCATION AND APPLICATION
● The responsibility of finding an internship place belongs to the student.
● The student must obtain the written approval of the Internship Commission before starting an internship at the company he has found. Internships started without the approval of the Internship Commission are not valid.
● Students can also do internships in foreign countries outside Turkey.
● Internship can also be done at other higher education institutions with the permission of the Department Head and when the conditions are appropriate. However, the duration of the internship to be done in this way cannot exceed half of the total internship period.
● The student who is going to do an internship is given a letter written by the Department to be forwarded to the relevant manager in the organization. This letter contains information about the purpose of the internship and the procedure.
● Students whose internship location and dates are determined submit the workplace internship acceptance form to the Internship Commission before the end of the semester.
DOCUMENTS RELATED TO THE INTERNSHIP
● Internship Application Form
● Internship Evaluation Form
● Internship Report
● SGK Assurance Statement Document
● Government Contribution Information Form
The internship report is written in Turkish. The report should be prepared and published by the department in accordance with a pattern and should be organized in chronological order, divided into weeks.At the end of the internship, the student submits the Internship Evaluation Form and report in a closed envelope filled out by the organization's officials to the Internship Commission.The internship report is reviewed by the Internship Commission. If necessary, the student's knowledge about the content of the internship is examined. As a result, it may be decided to completely reject the internship or rewrite the internship report.
WHERE CAN AN INTERNSHIP BE DONE?
● In all companies in the sector (government/private),
● In public and private hospitals,
● In the summer school programs of various companies and organizations,
● The company abroad, in hospitals and universities
● The reports to be written will be evaluated in terms of technical content, internships with content that is not sufficient will not be accepted.
● Quoting from the web or other sources without providing a reference in the internship reports will be evaluated within the scope of the copy and the relevant internships will be deemed invalid.
● It is expected that the workplace's opinions about our student who is doing an internship (which he will indicate in the Internship Evaluation Form) will be sufficiently positive.
● The internship information that our student provided to us during the internship application and the information on the internship evaluation form that he submitted at the end of the internship (date, place of internship. etc.) it needs to match.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP CONDUCTED ONLINE DUE TO COVID-19
Students who want to do an online internship will be asked for convincing evidence that the internship was completed completely at the end of the internship. In case there is not enough evidence for an online internship, the internship will be considered invalid. SSI assurance will also be provided by the school for internships conducted online. The online internship will be accepted for a maximum of 20 working days.